Aching absence, a void you create, Wine's bitter solace, to dull the heart's fate. Songs, a cruel echo, of moments we knew, Each melody whispers, a memory of you. Intoxicated, a haze in my mind, Thoughts alight, a warmth I can't find. The sting of your absence, the longing grows dim, Replaced by a phantom, a feeling within. Your name on my lips, a whispered refrain, A love forbidden, a passionate strain. Yearning forbidden, a burden I hold, But needing your presence, more precious than gold. Your touch, a brand seared, a memory bright, Kisses like embers, that burn through the night. First love's sweet poison, a grip that won't cease, Praying for constancy, a fragile, sweet peace. But shadows still linger, a truth I can't hide, This love's stolen moments, a love undenied. Yet hope's fragile flame, in my heart will reside, For a future rewritten, where maybe love's tide, Will wash over reason, and set us both free, From this web of desire, to a love ...
Comments
Post a Comment