Blind No More

 A silent prayer, a plea to the sky,

Hoping for answers, a reason to lie.

Love's blind embrace, a comfort I craved,

But truth unveiled, the affection we waved.


The veil lifted, your facade began to fade,

Or maybe my eyes, finally unafraid.

Love's blindness, a myth in this case, I confess,

Blind to your actions, but not to my distress.


Heavy the weight, a heart filled with lead,

Painful goodbyes, unspoken words are said.

You, once my joy, now a source of despair,

The numbness sets in, a burden to bear.


Too soon to surrender, some might advise,

But losing myself is a terrible price.

Promises whispered, a vow to hold tight,

To find myself again and step back into the light.


Worthy of love, a truth I reclaim,

More than this ending, a love lost in flame.

A corner of my heart, forever you'll hold,

But goodbye, I whisper, a story untold.

Comments

Heart temper

Healing Heart

Consumed by You

The Forbidden Fruit