Wishes

 Aching absence, a void you create,

Wine's bitter solace, to dull the heart's fate.

Songs, a cruel echo, of moments we knew,

Each melody whispers, a memory of you.


Intoxicated, a haze in my mind,

Thoughts alight, a warmth I can't find.

The sting of your absence, the longing grows dim,

Replaced by a phantom, a feeling within.


Your name on my lips, a whispered refrain,

A love forbidden, a passionate strain.

Yearning forbidden, a burden I hold,

But needing your presence, more precious than gold.


Your touch, a brand seared, a memory bright,

Kisses like embers, that burn through the night.

First love's sweet poison, a grip that won't cease,

Praying for constancy, a fragile, sweet peace.


But shadows still linger, a truth I can't hide,

This love's stolen moments, a love undenied.

Yet hope's fragile flame, in my heart will reside,

For a future rewritten, where maybe love's tide,


Will wash over reason, and set us both free,

From this web of desire, to a love meant to be. 

Comments

Heart temper

Sweet was his love

Hearts at War

Wild Heart, Free Spirit